The Pipe Organ was installed in St. Andrew’s Church on 3 May 1881, built by Peter Conacher and Co., Huddersfield, England. After 126 years of service, the Organ showed signs of wear and tear. The task of restoration of the Pipe Organ was done by M/s Middle Organ Company, UK, who restored the Organ in record time and also added some more features to the Organ. The Organ used to be pumped by hand by the sexton of the church during services. The Organ was electrified during the restoration works. In order to commemorate the restoration, on 4 January 2009, eminent organist and music laureate Prof. Dr. Richard Marlow, Director of Music, Trinity College, UK was invited to perform at the Organ Recital, during the Re-dedication of the Church Organ Ceremony
The Organ is well-made with a liberal use of spotted metal pipe work; the wooden pipe work is made from good quality sugar-pine and mahogany; and the casework is of pitch-pine, with zinc display-pipes, nicely diapered.
It is a two-manual Organ with eight stops – Open Diapason 8’, Stopped Diapason 8’, Dulciana 8’, Flute 4’, Gamba 8’, Principal 4’, Fifteenth 2’ and the newly added Trumpet 8’ on the Great Organ, five stops – Rohr Flute 8’, Violin Diapason 8’, Oboe 8’, Gemshorn 4’ and Piccolo 4’ – on the Swell Organ and one Bourdon 16’ Stop for the Pedal Organ. The tonal quality of this Organ is superb and the grandeur of music it generates is remarkable.
The grand Pipe Organ is part of every worship service today.