Contact  |  Member Login
Idocs Guide to HTML

Our Presbyter
Rev. Sanjay Samuel
Worship Services
For The Month of January
  History Of St. Andrew's Church

St. Andrew’s Church, a Presbyterian church at Bangalore, located on the Cubbon road is of a massive orthodoxical Presbyterian Scottish architecture, with a tall belfry and chiming clock at the apex of its tower, bearing its name after the patron saint of Scotland, St. Andrew. The foundation stone for this magnificent structure was laid on Nov. 22, 1864 by Lady Grant, wife of Lieutenant-General, Sir Hope Grant, the then Quartermaster-General of Her Majesty’s Forces and the building was completed and opened for Divine worship on Nov. 18,1866 with in a period of two years at an overall cost of Rs. 45000/- including the land.

The dedication sermon was preached by the Rev. Stewart Wright, one of the then chaplains of the Church of Scotland in the Madras Presidency, and pastor in charge of  the newly formed congregation.

Church Choir
Sunday School
Calender for the Month
Youth fellowship
Women's fellowship
News Bulletin


History | Committees | News Bulletin |
St. Andrews School | Choir | Sunday School

© 2014 - St. Andrew's Church Bangalore
Designed By : Radical Networks.

St. Andrews Church
No.27, Cubbon Road, Bangalore-560001

Phone: +91-80-25591 874